A recognizable landmark in Julianadorp
The Ontmoetingskerk has been a permanent fixture of Julianadorp since 1909. On October 8 of that year, Mr. Pieter Loopuyt laid the foundation stone. He was the man behind the Partnership that aimed to make the Koegras polder habitable. That same Partnership provided the land on which the church was built. Local contractors Jan Smit and Jan de Graaf executed the design by architect HG Th. Mann. To this day, the church stands firmly in the heart of the village.
Chagall-expositie
Chagalls werk komt tot leven tijdens een expositie met kleurrijke natuurbeelden, toneelgordijnen, kostuums, litho’s en etsen uit bijna zeventig jaar kunstenaarschap. In de Ontmoetingskerk sluit het glas-in-loodraam hierop aan met een verhaal over licht, de Lange Jaap en de zee. In Julianadorp verandert dit licht in tulpen en verbeeldt het de kringloop van bol tot bloem én die van de Bijbelverhalen door het jaar heen.
A familiar sound, every Sunday morning
The small wooden tower of the church stands out immediately. Clad in lead, with a rooster as a weather vane and large clock faces, it is a landmark for many. Every Sunday morning, the bell rings, rung by the sexton. This sound carries far beyond the village. The current bell replaces the original, which was removed by the occupiers in 1943. Yet, the familiar sound of the bell still rings just as powerfully as it did in the past.
Opening hours
- Saturday, September 12: 10:00 – 16:00
- Sunday, September 13: 12:00 – 16:00
Background information
- Type of monument: Public building
- Original function: Church
- Construction period: 1909
- Current position: Church
- Monument status: Municipal monument







